Ever publish a page in WordPress perhaps for a webinar that is now over or posted about a special project you’ve discontinued? You don’t want to unpublish the page because you know that your clients/customers may have that address and you don’t want to send them to a 404 Error.
You need “Page Links To” it’s a simple plugin, easy to install and setup and it will allow you to add a redirect for a page right within the WordPress Page (or post) editing areas.
- Login to WordPress and access your plugins area
- Select “Add new plugin” and search for “Page Links To”
- Install and activate the plugin
- Select the post or page you’d like to redirect
- Scroll down below your text editing area.
- You should see a box with the heading ‘Page Links To’ there should be two options, one for using the WordPress URL one to redirect to a new URL. Simply click the box for the new URL and add your new address:
- Scroll back to the top of your page and click update!
- To test your redirect you’ll need to be logged OUT of your WordPress admin side to actually see that redirect work. If you attempt to test it while logged into WordPress you’ll be taken to the actual page and not redirected. If you don’t want to log out to test your redirect simply open another browser, if for example you’re using FireFox open Chrome or Safari.
And that is the simple way to set up Post and Page redirects for your WordPress installation. I hope you found this tutorial/plugin useful! Be sure to check out the other WordPress Tutorials here on my site.