Monday morning blues… CHECK!!
My youngest decided Saturday evening, while visiting his Nannie, that 6pm was a great time for a nap … Which turned into an after midnight bedtime. All of which was followed by a napless Sunday and crashing around 8pm, in the van, without any sort of evening snack. If you’re a parent you may see where this is going.
This morning he woke up crying at 2:30 hungry and thirsty. Party time… YAY, oh, wait, so much for those plans of waking at 6am and getting ahead on my busy week!
It’s just now 10:30 and I’m sitting down to get busy. Within the first 2 minutes on Twitter (which, I’m the first to admit can be a huge time suck for me) I came across two tweets that kicked me back off of twitter and over here to my blog:
Finished last will always be better than Did not finish, which always trumps Did not start.
Email a friend a list of what you intend to accomplish today and followup with them when the day is done.
Thank you for the morning (err, almost afternoon) kick in the rear to get me going! I’ll admit this month has been crazy busy for me and I’ve been suffering from blog related procrastination. After reading these tweets I figured today I’d share a post with a few things that work to get my days going when I’m dragging and procrastinating:
- Clean OFF your desk (or work space), grab something to drink, find some good music and settle in
- Map out your To-Do list for the day
- Prioritize your list — If you have some larger projects to tackle look at possibly breaking them down into smaller steps
- Grab your timer & set some quick goals so you don’t spend too much time on any single project
- Reward yourself for hitting your goals, if you knock out those 2-3 top tasks for the day awesome, run over to amazon or pull up iTunes and grab a couple new songs for your work playlist. OR, if you’d like some fresh air contemplate running out of the house for a quick coffee or smoothie. (This works wonders when I’m putting a project off, I’m easily motivated by good music and good coffee)
That should at least get you headed in the right direction — Just don’t get lost if you step out for that coffee or smoothie! Come back and tackle the rest of your to-do list.
I’m off to finish planning out mine– I’m hoping for a highly productive day. Even though I started out slowly I ate my frog and posted to my blog. Happy Monday everyone!